Monday, May 14, 2012

The Best Mother's Day!

So far in my short history of mother's days, this one takes the cake!  It wasn't anything glamorous...just a lovely day with my family.  Oh, and it also happens that I wasn't laid up on the couch with a thrown out back like last year!  

Jake's folks hosted a great lunch and picnic in their backyard.  My parents were able to come up as well, so no mother was left uncelebrated :) 

We enjoyed a GLORIOUS day in the sun!!  I don't think I have truly appreciated sunny, dry weather until I became a mom and spent months on end cooped up in the house with a rowdy toddler.  I love getting to relax in the sunshine and watch Calvin explore and play.  He is quite the little adventurer.  We learned he LOVES blowing bubbles, splashing his hands in the kiddie pool but not actually going in it, watching the sprinkler from the safety of grandma's lap, and he could run around in the sunshine ALL DAY LONG!!  Seriously, we all crashed after our first full day in the sunshine of the year.   

Our little family

Blowing bubbles/sucking the soap out of the bubble blower

The men playing bocce

So happy to not have clothes on!

It truly is a blessing to be called "mama" by this little dude.  I thank God for him every day, and I try my best to cherish every moment I have with him.  God has truly blessed our family and I couldn't be more thankful. 


1 comment: