Friday, March 11, 2011

Out of the Woods??

It has been a long couple of weeks for our little family, but it's looking like we are out of the woods!  We have experienced our first true illness with our sweet boy.  The day after we came home from a great road trip to the coast, he spiked a fever of 102, which lasted a couple days, then were followed by about a week of discomfort, fussing, crying, lack of sleep...many of you have been there.  And then, I got to experience "sick mama" syndrome.  I think there is maybe one time I can remember my mom being sick growing up.  And that's not because she was never sick...it's because the world doesn't stop when moms are sick, like they do when you're a kid.  Baby still needs to be cared for, dishes done, dinner cooked, bathroom cleaned.  I know, I know, sob, sob.  All you moms of many have plenty of sick mama stories, I'm sure.  But it was a first for me, and I am grateful it is nearing an end. 

A couple of sickies :(

One good thing about a sick baby...they are snuggly!!  I can't say I minded having to put things on hold for a couple days and just snuggle with my boy.  A small blessing amidst the ugliness of being sick. 

This is the face of a (mostly) healthy boy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment