Thursday, July 14, 2011

Be Joyful Always...

"Be joyful always; pray continuously; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Jesus Christ". 
                    1 Thessalonians 5:16

I am really trying to make this my life verse, especially in this season of life.  I am finding, as a mom, there are so many things that can easily turn my day for the worst.  A grumpy kid, having nothing ready for dinner, forgetting my coupons at home when I go grocery shopping, running out of 1/2 and 1/2 for my coffee...the list could go on.  There are so many days where I could use extra encouragement, especially on the days when my only human contact is with my sweet boy who looks at me and says "dada"...yeah, makes me feel really special :)  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being a mom.  It is the ONLY thing I have ever wanted to do and I am beyond grateful that God has blessed us with Calvin, and blessed me with a husband who wants me to stay home with our kids as badly as I want to.  There is just no denying that there are hard days. 

So I am challenging myself to look to the Lord for encouragement, not to those around me.  It hasn't always been easy for me to stay consistent with my quiet times with the Lord, but I know I need them, and I see the obvious difference in my attitude when I have those quiet times.  I know it will help me feel more encouraged...I know it will help me be more patient with Calvin...I know it will help me have more productive days.  I love this verse because it tells me exactly what God wants me to do...and if I'm doing exactly what God wants me to do, how can I feel discouraged??  I love that the sacrifice Jesus made makes it possible for me to have a personal, joyful relationship with the Lord, and I am going to try and make that the focus of my day...not the things that are going wrong. 

Will you pray for me?  That I will seek the Lord for encouragement?  I will be praying for you, too! 

And just to put a smile on your (and my) face...

No comments:

Post a Comment