Friday, September 6, 2013

It's Fall!!

September 6th...the day Fall has arrived at the Eschbach home!  Also known as...the day I could no longer keep myself from baking something with pumpkin  :)  I have my spiced cider and vanilla candle burning, the caramel apple hand soap is at the sink.  I ADORE fall!  I love the cooler weather, scarves, steaming lattes (pumpkin, of course), baking, crockpots filled with soup, cider pressing, football, and everywhere you go smelling like cinnamon.  I'm not a huge fan of rain, but I'll take it for the dry, sunny, crisp days that Fall also brings.  My husband thinks I'm crazy...he's a major summer fan.  And it's ok if you think I'm crazy too.  But I bet you'd change your mind if you were about to enjoy one of these goodies with me...

Fresh baked pumpkin cookies!  I'll probably make a cinnamon icing for these but they are TO DIE for with cream cheese frosting!


I've decided that everything I bake for the next month I am going to double so I can stock up my freezer with goodness! 

Here are a few other things I can't wait to make!

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup  I tried this out last year, but the cinnamon flavor was a little overpowering.  It's definitely worth another try though...anything that can save me from a $4.50 trip to Starbucks!

Pumpkin Scones  This recipe claims to be a copycat of Starbucks so I'll definitely give it a try!

Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Lattes  This one deserves a crowd, so I'll probably try it out for my upcoming NoonDay show that I'm hosting!

Pumpkin Cheesecake  This was my very first cheesecake I ever made, for Thanksgiving last year.  There might have even been some "this is the best cheesecake I've ever had" comments.  Wish I could take credit...it's all Paula Deen :)

Biscotti  LOVE homemade biscotti!  This is a recipe I've tried before, but I'm looking forward to finding a pumpkin one! 

Ok, this list is getting disgustingly long.  Any favorite fall recipes you'd like to share?? 

2 comments:

  1. I was SO bummed yesterday to discover I didn't have any pumpkin. It's on the grocery list.

    We like Pumpkin Chocolate-chip Muffins and I love pumpkin cookies, too. WITH icing.

    I also do scones and add pumpkin to our pancake batter this time of year. Mmm!

    I adore fall, too! Scarves, hats, boots, jeans, cozy slippers, candles, knitting, crunchy leaves, soups and baked bread, and yes-- watching football with Mark.

    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I use pumpkin all year! I make pumpkin muffins and pumpkin pancakes. The kids love them!

    ReplyDelete