Friday, April 22, 2011

Crying it out...

For all of you mom's who have successfully let your baby cry it out, I commend you.  It is hard!!  I've had people telling me for weeks that I needed to let Calvin cry it out, learn to soothe himself, and hopefully start sleeping better through the night.  I honestly didn't mind getting up with him and rocking him in the night.  In fact, rocking him to sleep is pretty much my favorite thing to do.  But I knew it couldn't last forever.  And it didn't.  After a particularly difficult night of getting Calvin to sleep, I decided it was time, and we've been working on it all week.  It started out pretty well, but we're on day five and it's gone down hill a little.  We've had some really easy times and a few great nights, which is encouraging.  But it is SOOOO hard to listen to my baby screaming!! 

I know, I know, it will be worth it, but it's still hard! 

So when you think of it, pray for us!! 

2 comments:

  1. things have to go down hill in order to go up hill. even if you end up in the ocean, there's an uphill somewhere. that's so not a deep thought. it doesn't even remotely make sense.

    what i mean to say is it'll get better! :) stay strong, you strong, wise mommy you. :)love ya!

    kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS hard. Oh dear. I hated that part. But loved it when it was done. Hang in there, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete