Friday, April 1, 2011

Seven Months!!

AHHHH!! I'm Seven Months Old!!

Can you believe this little goof ball is seven months old already??  I can hardly believe how quickly time has flown by!  It is a joy to be this boy's mother.  Jake and I have learned so much about being parents, depending on God, depending on each other, and how to just roll with what life brings us.  But really, it is SO MUCH FUN!!  I feel beyond blessed to be able to be at home with Calvin every day.  If I had to go to work, even part-time, I'm pretty sure I would cry every time I left him.  I don't want to miss a thing!  I love watching him learn things, making him laugh, comforting him when he cries and trying to capture his crazy moments on camera :) 


What a sweetie!  I bought this sweatshirt the day we had the ultrasound telling us we were having a boy!

Here are a few random things we've learned about Calvin in his first seven months:
  • His two favorite people are mom and dad, but he will smile at anyone who is willing to look at him. 
  • He won't fall asleep unless he is swaddled and loves to bury his face into the bumper in his crib.
  • He would probably rather chew on a shoe, chair leg, or DVD case than any baby toy we've given him.
  • His favorite things to play with are drawstrings...on your sweatshirt, sweats, anywhere. 
  • He loves all vegetables and can't wait to get his hands on more food!
  • He behaves far better when we are out and there are other people to impress, which is a blessing. 
  • He is so close to crawling, and gets easily frustrated that he can't get exactly where he wants to go. 
  • And most importantly...we love him to bits, are so grateful to be the ones God chose to care for him, and can't wait for the joys and challenges of all the stages to come. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy 7 Months of being parents!!! and Happy 7 months baby Calvin! Auntie Katherine LOVES you!!!! Smooches!

    ReplyDelete