Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekly Meal Plans

Inspired by some fellow mom bloggers, I am going to attempt to create a weekly meal plan for our house.  Mostly just dinners because the rest of our days are typically pretty random, we never know where we're going to be, if we'll be home, etc.  And if it turns out Jake won't be home for dinner, sometimes I'll make the dinner idea for lunch.  Who knows :)  But I thought this would at least keep me somewhat accountable and get me a little better prepared for the week.  And some day I might get ambitious and go for two weeks at a time!!  Now, I am blessed with a husband who likes to eat leftovers, so I am able to make extra at dinners and spread them through the week.  I know not everyone is that lucky :) 

This week: 

Monday -  Beef roast (already in the crockpot!), steamed broccoli, focacia bread
Tuesday - Meatloaf, roasted potatoes, green beans
Wedneaday - leftovers...Jake works and I have a Partylite show
Thursday - Mustard Oregano Porkchops (from Fix, Freeze, and Feast...a must have cookbook!), steamed broccoli (I bought the big bag at Costco!)
Friday - Leftovers...another Partylite show!
Saturday - Cider Pressing with family!
Sunday - Taco soup in the crockpot

There's my week!  I hope this helps me be a little more organized, and maybe get a little more creative.  If I'm planning ahead to be creative, it might help me actually accomplish it.  Creativity doesn't work very well at 4:00 in the afternoon...it must be planned ahead in our house :)

Happy eating!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this is so great! I don't know why I don't do this on a regular basis. Every few weeks I'll feel like doing all the planning and get a weeks worth of meals organized... at the end of the week I always think, WOW that was super stress free and amazing... Why I don't just do it all the time... I don't know! So keep it up! well done.

    ReplyDelete